Thursday, April 06, 2006

Yellow Toadstool


We have a small garden right outside our home. They were planted by my sister and I try to remember to water them every morning before I leave for work.

Then one day sp noticed something strange, something yellow peeking from the leaves. I was pretty surprised because these plants don't flower. Taking a closer look, we discovered the strange yellow intruder was actually a mushroom!

I almost yelled at sp not to touch the mushroom because I didn't know if it was poisonous. Maybe it was my primal instinct (yeah, right...) reacting to the colour of the mushroom. Red = danger. Yellow = possible danger?

Anyways, the mushroom "bloomed" that afternoon when we came back from work, hung around the next day before wilting away on the third day.

No comments: