Sunday, September 17, 2006

The last hike...

before we head for Mount Kinabalu. shutterjam and bigfish were supposed to join us for this hike but they backed out at the last moment. Tsk... tsk...

We joined SP's friends at the hiking trail entrance in Botanical Garden. I've been to this trail before - a long steep flight of stairs is what hikers would encounter. The last time I was there, a few people had to stop midway to catch their breath. However, this time we were all confident after surviving the 6 hour hike at the longest forest trail in Penang. No problems going up that flight of stairs. Quite an achievement considering I was the oldest member of the group.

I was hiking with my brand new shoes after my old pair fell apart during the last hike. These are Bata shoes and they're cheap at RM60 a pair. They're a little light on padding and the sole is quite soft, but I think they should be enough to get me up Mount Kinabalu.


We ended the hike at the 84 rest stop. No one was there except monkeys. Click on the image for a better view. A quick break and we headed back down and had a satisfying dimsum breakfast at a popular spot in town.

The next hike... Mount Kinabalu.

No comments: