Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Literary Mug


MPH is celebrating its 100 year anniversary. Gosh... I didn't realise MPH has been around for that long...

So for every RM100 you spend, you can get a nice mug with some minimalist decorations and a snippet of text from selected books. There are a total of 9 mugs and I think only the most persistent readers (and with loads of money to spare) would be able to get all 9 mugs.

That said, sp and I got 3 of them. Thanks to the help of my sister who is an avid reader, but not a mug connoisseur, for the third mug. We got the "cracked" design, the "measuring cup" design and the "paint splat" design.

I chose the "cracked" design for my daily mug. I'm quite particular about the mug I use. The volume has to be right to ensure the best tasting Milo. Did I mention I'm a Milo addict? Then there's the shape. A good mug has to feel comfortable in the hand when I drink my nightly portion of Milo. Finally the mug should be well balanced on the table so that I don't easily tip it over with my flailing arms when I browse the internet while waiting for my steaming mug of Milo to cool down enough to drink.

sp does not understand my Milo addiction, but she lets me have my quirks. She makes a good cup of Milo, and she does it every night for me. If that ain't love, I don't know what is.

No comments: