Monday, June 19, 2006

Food for the soul

More often than not, sp and I would be busy in our kitchen preparing dinner. I enjoy cooking together and one of the reason is our kitchen. Now, let me explain. The best thing about a small kitchen is that when two people are cooking together, we're going to be brushing against each other and wrapping our arms around each other's waist to grab something off the counter. This little dance that we do in our kitchen makes cooking fun... for me, at least.

It's always a treat for me when sp decides to prepare soup. She's really good at it. She patiently cleans the chicken bones, picks the right amount of Chinese herbs, cleans and chops the vegetables and combine her carefully prepared ingredients in boiling water. A few minutes before the soup is ready, I can already smell the savoury aroma wafting into the livingroom.

Soup really is food for the soul. As a child, my mom prepared soup for me and I remembered those times as being safe and contented. When sp makes soup for me, I'm reminded of those feelings and makes me cherish her even more. May I have seconds?


No comments: