Thursday, March 15, 2007

I dream with subtitles

Do you dream in colour? I do. My dreams even have subtitles. No, the subtitles don't appear all the time. They only appear when I dream in Chinese, and I don't even speak it well. The problem is, I can't recall if the subtitles are in English or Malay. I'll just assume the subtitles in my dream are in English because I'm pretty sure I think in English.

Then there was the time when I had cognitive dreams. That's when I'm aware that I'm dreaming and that I could do anything I wanted without worrying about the outcome. Now that's the kind of dream I'd love to have every night. Too bad I could only remember having cognitive dreams twice in my lifetime. Once I could fly, and another... well, that's personal. After all, that's the great things about cognitive dreams. I could do anything.

Some of my dreams don't even feature myself. I'd be observing people, places, situations, just like watching a movie. Perhaps that could be a sign that I'm watching too much television.

And the most irritating kind of dreams are the kind where I find myself with something I really really want. And at the moment when I'm about to wake up, I realise it's a dream and I try so hard to hold that item in my hands, fervently hoping that I could bring it from my dream world into the real world. I'd wake up with my fists clenched, for a split second hoping that it worked, only to find I woke up empty handed.

I don't dream much nowadays. Either I forget having them, or I never had them. Perhaps it's because I love, am loved, is in love. How could anyone ask for more?

No comments: