Friday, July 27, 2007

Tuesday - Fried Chicken

Chicken has become so prevalent in our society that it has become generic. I don't think where chicken come from. I just know where to get them. And it's probably without a doubt that KFC, or Kentucky Fried Chicken for you older folks, makes the best tasting fried chicken.

However, going to KFC is not a simple affair. Nor is it cheap. That leads me to the point of this post. Every Tuesday, a van rolls up beside the road at the Sungai Nibong residential area and 2 men gets out and start preparing their chicken. One would do the frying, and the other would tend to the customers. And what customers. People would stand in line, sometimes up to the middle of the road, obstructing traffic and endangering themselves, all for the sake of fried chicken.

I've joined in the experience, and came away reasonably happy. The chicken is not as tasty as KFC's, but they're not too bad. They're not too greasy, pretty crispy on the outside, and juicy on the inside. But perhaps they could do better on the marinade because the chicken tastes like chicken - a little bland.

Don't go away thinking I dislike the chicken. No. For the price, I'm pretty happy with it. And every other Tuesday, I'd be among the crowd, risking my neck, for my piece of the chicken.




No comments: