Sunday, January 21, 2007

French Toast weekend



This weekend I had an attack of the French Toast munchies. I ransacked the kitchen and found a loaf of baguette, or also known as the French Loaf that I bought from Jusco on Friday. In the fridge was an egg, some butter and an opened bottle of milk. Pepper... check. Sugar... check. All the ingredients I needed to make French Toast!

I mixed the egg with a generous squirt of milk, several shakes of pepper and a teaspoon of sugar together. Then I cut the baguette into inch thick slices, then soaked them into the mixture. The baguette has such dense texture that I let the slices soak much longer than usual. Gotta let all the eggy goodness soak deep into the bread.

I buttered the pan and fried the slices in low heat. I had to make sure everything is cooked properly, yet not too dry. I wanted my French Toast to be mildly crispy and sweet on the outside, slightly moist, almost custard-like on the insides, and with a thin layer baguette left untouched in the center.

My French Toast turned out pretty good! sp hasn't sample them yet. I'll make a new batch when she comes back.

No comments: